Vero Beach Art Club
12th Annual Art Trail 2019
welcome Art Trail APPLICANTS:
The Art Trail is an open house of ten studios around Vero Beach to introduce art to the public in the setting in which it is created. It is a premier event to our season at the Vero Beach Art Club and as such, receives quite a bit of media attention. Artists will have the opportunity to show their work as well as make it available for sale. Past participating artists have had a lot of good things to say about this event for their sales and the exposure.
Saturday, December 7, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Watch for the map, once artists are registered.
Online Application below. Attention: All fields must be filled in to submit (cell phone only needs to be filled in if it is different from your primary phone).
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS – Please Read before applying:
- You do not have to be a member of the Vero Beach Art Club to participate.
- Artists who participated on the trail in the previous two years (2017 or 2018) are not eligible in 2019.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All artists and their work must be pre-approved by a jury committee. We will contact you for an interview before selection.
- If selected, a $25 member or a $75 non-member participation fee (includes a 1 year membership) will be required.
All artists are required to provide 3 images of your work in digital form.
You will not be eligible without them. Images will be used for promotions and advertising.
Email photos to email@example.com or send a CD to:
Vero Beach Art Club
Attn: Art Trail Chairperson
3001 Riverside Park Dr.
Vero Beach, FL 32963.
Your application and photos must be received by August 15, 2019.
Please contact Eileen Lovre with questions: 954-673-8137
As a participant:
1. Visitors must have easy access to your studio. (Please check with your subdivision or homeowners association to be sure that they do not prohibit this kind of event before applying. Count on at least 100 - 200 people and up to 250 at most but will not be there at the same time.)
2. Parking spaces should accommodate at least 10 cars around your home / studio.
3. Artists are required to offer refreshments & snacks
4. Artists should provide an inviting exterior to welcome guests at the entrance.
A greeter will be provided by the Club to take tickets but you will be responsible for providing your own helper to protect your art and home as well as help with sales.
You are strongly encouraged to demonstrate your art and/or display your creative process.
Additional Information if Selected
1. We will communicate via email the time and date of a group photo shoot, which we will use for advertising. We will ask you to bring a piece of your work to include in the group photo.
2. We will provide you with tickets to help us sell the event. A portion of our proceeds goes towards education and scholarships.
3. We will provide you with an art club volunteer to verify and sell tickets at the entrance of your studio/home. In advance of the event, we will email you the name and info for the volunteer(s) we are sending to your location to verify tickets. You will need to provide further volunteers (perhaps family, friends or neighbors) to serve food or refreshments, ensure that people do not park on lawns, and securely watch your property for you.
4. Volunteers are of course rewarded with hours recorded on their volunteer time cards but be advised that if your volunteer(s) wants to spend part of the day visiting other Art Trail sites, then they must purchase a half-price ticket for $15.
5. It is optional, but recommended that you keep a sign in list at your entrance. This will let you know how many have come to your site and you will have a list of those that have visited your studio.
6. We will provide each artist with exterior signage, which will include a Studio Sign and 2 directional “Art Trail” arrow signs.
7. You agree to gather all exterior signage at 4pm on the day of the event (as they are expensive to replace if lost or stolen) and return the signs to the Art Club office on the Monday following the event.
8. You also agree to return any unsold tickets, with money for sold tickets along with a list of the names of the ticket purchasers and whether they paid you with cash or check. These are to be turned into the club office on the Monday following the event.
9. Artists that participate in the 2019 Art Trail are responsible for submitting their own sales tax to the State of Florida for any sales that occur during this event. If you are accepted to participate in this year's event, you will be asked to submit proof to the VB Art Club that you are currently registered with the Florida Dept of Revenue.
August 15, 2019
$25 (member) or $75 (non-member) non-refundable participation fee will ONLY be charged if you are accepted into Art Trail. DO NOT pay at this time.
All spaces below must be filled out to submit.