Vero Beach Art Club
Art On the Island
February 9, 10, 11, 2018
WELCOME APPLICANTS FOR 2018:
This show is specific to three dimensional art and two dimensional art "WITH PIZZAZZ". Artists are allowed to enter up to 3 pieces (additional cost per entry). Only members who are current on their membership with the Vero Beach Art Club may apply.
Friday February 9, 2018 VIP Reception 4:00 - 5:00 pm for artists. Reception open to the public 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Saturday February 10, 2018 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday February 11, 2018 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Marsh Island Clubhouse
9155 Marsh Island Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963
Located just over the Wabasso CR510 bridge, Marsh Island is a gated community situated on a beautiful island preserve. The clubhouse is a turn of the century design with a plantation feel. It has sweeping porches and an open feel.
From the mainland, go east over the Wabasso Bridge CR510 off of US1 on the north side of Vero Beach. After you pass over the Indian River, you will go down the bridge and you will pass the beach parks on either side. The next body of land is Marsh Island. Marsh Island Drive will be the first street on the left. Continue on and the clubhouse will be on your right.
From Orchid Island, go west over the Wabasso Bridge CR510 off the A1A. As you come down off the first section of bridge, Marsh Island Drive will be on your right.
Art on the Island is for Vero Beach Art Club members only. You may apply online (from the button on the left below), print an application (from the button on the right below) and mail in a check, or apply at the office.
Friday, January 12, 2018
Artwork DROP-OFF and PICK UP
Deliver Artwork to Marsh Island Club* Thursday, February 8, 2018~~~~~~11:30 - 2:30 pm
Pick-up Artwork Sunday, February 11, 2018~~~~~~~~4:00 - 5:00 pm
No early pick-up. Fee of $30 for work not picked up Sunday by 5:00 pm.
Rules for Entry
1. Only members of the Vero Beach Art Club with a current VBAC membership may apply.
2. All artwork must be original, for sale, and completed within the last two years.
3. Artists may submit up to 2 pieces.
4. All artwork must be delivered to Marsh Island Club between 11:30 & 2:30 on Thursday.
5. At least one element of all 2-D with Pizzaz pieces submitted must project at least ½ inch from its base or
NOTE: Next year at least 3 elements of 2-D with Pizzaz pieces will need to project at least ½ inch from the base or
6. No artwork accepted if shown in 'Art on The Island' in 2017 or 'Art by The Sea' in 2018.
7. No artists' business cards are to be displayed or handed out, unless requested by a patron, and artists may not
spend the day standing by their work.
8. All artists must provide their own black draped pedestals, if needed. All drapes must be labeled with artist’s name.
9. No artwork to hang on panels may exceed fifteen pounds. Heavier works can be placed on strong easels if provided
by the artist. Safety must be considered.
10. No artwork may exceed 44 inches in width.
11. All artwork must have finished edges and a properly placed hanging wire.
12. No changing of title or price of entries beyond February 2.
13. Information card to be placed beside each entry must be provided; must be printed on 3”x 5” unlined note cards and
should contain 100 words or less, specify artwork’s name, medium, and category (explanation and/or background
may be included, if desired) and must be submitted with artwork.
14. The sales commission to the VBAC will be 15%.
15. All unsold art and all pedestals must be picked up between 4 pm and 5 pm on Sunday.
16. The club reserves the right to reject entries deemed inappropriate.
17. The show will be judged. Awards will be given for Best of Show and First Place in each category.
18. LIABILITY. The club cannot be held liable for loss or damage of artwork. By entering artwork in show, 'Art on The
Island's all artists acknowledge and accept this, and all, conditions of entry.
Diana S. Tokarz
With regard to volunteers, we have committee chairs for volunteer coordination and advertising, both of whom would be grateful for volunteers to help them. In addition, we are looking for volunteers to help with managing applications and databases, graphics and printing, and VIP reception planning. As we get closer to the show, We then will need help with the actual design, organization and running of the show and the sale of the artwork.