Vero Beach Art Club
31ST Annual ART BY THE SEA
January 18, 19 & 20, 2019
A Prestigious Exhibition by Members of the Vero Beach Art Club and the Vero Beach Museum of Art
WELCOME APPLICANTS FOR 2019
Participating artists must be a current member of either the Vero Beach Art Club or Vero Beach Museum of Art. Your status will be verified once your application is processed. Artists are permitted to show one piece each of their artwork available for sale. A percentage of the proceeds is donated to the Vero Beach Art Club to support their educational outreach programs such as the scholarships they award to high school seniors and the donations they give to Elementary Schools, Middle Schools and various art classes in Indian River County. The 2017 show sold 23% of all the artwork on display at the show, it was an incredible success and the artwork was considered to be outstanding. We hope you plan to apply this year. See details below. Download the application for details.
Friday, January 18th 4:00 - 5:00 pm VIP Reception and Awards Ceremony - Private
Open to the Public: 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Saturday, January 19th Open to Public 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, January 20th Open to Public 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Vero Beach Museum of Art, Holmes Great Hall
3001 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach, Fl 32963
Non-refundable application fee: $35.00. Application period opened June 7, 2018
January 7, 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Museum side door entrance on the left or east side of the museum. Artwork may NOT be carried through the museum for security reasons. If you are unable to drop off your artwork, someone may drop it off for you as long as you have your copy of the entry form attached to the back. There is a link below to download the application with all of the information and the printable identification to attach to the back of your artwork.
ARTWORK PICK UP:
Sunday, January 20, 2019 from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NO EARLY PICKUP ON 1/20/19. $25.00 FEE FOR WORK NOT PICKED UP. ALL WORK MUST BE REMOVED FROM HOLMES HALL AND CAN BE RECLAIMED BY CALLING Sherry Haaland 772-538-1673
You may download and print an application. You may also pay and apply online. Simply click on the Apply Online button below to go the the payment page. The application is part of the payment process now. Be sure to read the rules below first.
TO APPLY ONLINE - simply click the "APPLY ONLINE" button on the right and fill out the form that pops up.
If you apply online, you will still need to download and print the Artwork Identification Tag to attach to your artwork for intake (button on the left below).
Click on the button below right to download the entire application.
ELIGIBILITY, RULES AND AWARDS:
ELIGIBILITY: All members of record of VBAC or VBMA as of 12/31/2018
AWARDS: Ribbons/Awards aproximately $2,000
John Mazur Memorial Best in Show $200
PRESIDENTS Award $100
People’s Choice Award $ 75
The following categories will each be awarded: 1st place, $100; 2nd place, $75; 3rd place $50
Oils, Watercolors, Acrylics, Mixed Media/Fabric, Pastels/Graphics, Sculpture/3D/Ceramics
The following categories will each be awarded: Best in Category $100
Jewelry, Film/Digital Photography,
The Judge will determine All Awards. Award winners will be notified by telephone prior to award ceremony. Please make every effort to be available by phone during show hours.
1. One original piece per artist. No reproductions. Non-refundable entry fee: $35.00
2. Work must be for sale and not previously exhibited at earlier ABTS shows.
3. No entry may exceed 43 inches in any direction, including frame, with the exception of sculpture, which is limited
to a nine square foot footprint.
4. All artwork that is hung on panels must not exceed 18 pounds. No artwork will be accepted with wet paint.
5. All framed and gallery wrapped artwork must be properly wired for hanging. No saw tooth hanger.
6. Gallery wrapped work must be a minimum of 1.25“ deep. All edges/borders must be professionally finished.
Stapled edges will be disqualified from the show.
7. No giclee reproductions nor photography printed on canvas will be permitted.
8. 3D Displays will require pedestal base and a black cloth drape. Any 3D art that needs to be dollied due to weight
must be dollied out by the artist to purchaser’s vehicle or to artist’s home.
9. No advertising or business card handouts will be permitted.
10. The Club reserves the right to reject entries deemed inappropriate or unprofessionally presented.
11. Space is limited to the first 250 entries.
LIABILITY: The club makes every effort to protect exhibited artwork, but cannot accept liability for loss or damage. Artists entering Art by the Sea acknowledge and accept this as a condition of entry.
* Artists will receive a check for the full sale amount less a 15% commission. The Vero Beach Art Club will be responsible for remitting the sales tax to the state of FL. FL Dept. of Revenue.