Vero Beach Art Club
32nd Annual ART BY THE SEA
January 17, 18 & 19, 2020
A Prestigious Exhibition by Members of the Vero Beach Art Club and the Vero Beach Museum of Art
WELCOME APPLICANTS FOR 2020
Participating artists must be a current member of either the Vero Beach Art Club or Vero Beach Museum of Art. Your status will be verified once your application is processed. Artists are permitted to show one piece each of their artwork available for sale. A percentage of the proceeds is donated to the Vero Beach Art Club to support their educational outreach programs such as the scholarships they award to high school seniors and the donations they give to Elementary Schools, Middle Schools and various art classes in Indian River County. The 2017 show sold 23% of all the artwork on display at the show, it was an incredible success and the artwork was considered to be outstanding. We hope you plan to apply this year. See details below.
Friday, January 17th 4:00 - 5:00 pm VIP Reception and Awards Ceremony - Private
Open to the Public: 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Saturday, January 18th Open to Public 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, January 19th Open to Public 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Vero Beach Museum of Art, Holmes Great Hall
3001 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach, Fl 32963
Non-refundable application fee: $35.00
Application opened June 1, 2019. DEADLINE: January 3, 2020
Thursday, January 16, 2020 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Museum side door entrance on the left or east side of the museum. Artwork may NOT be carried through the museum for security reasons. If you are unable to drop off your artwork, someone may drop it off for you as long as you have your copy of the entry form attached to the back. There is a link below to download the application with all of the information and the printable identification to attach to the back of your artwork.
ARTWORK PICK UP:
Sunday, January 19, 2020 from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NO EARLY PICKUP ON 1/19/20. $25.00 FEE FOR WORK NOT PICKED UP. ALL WORK MUST BE REMOVED FROM HOLMES HALL AND CAN BE RECLAIMED BY CALLING Sherry Haaland 772-538-1673
Be sure to read the rules below.
If you apply online, you will still need to download and print the Artwork Identification Tag to attach to your artwork for intake (button on the left below). New Artwork Tag for 2020 coming soon.
Click on the button below right to download the entire application FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY - 2020 application coming soon.
ELIGIBILITY, RULES AND AWARDS:
ELIGIBILITY: All members of record of the Vero Beach Art Club or Vero Beach Museum of Art as of 12/31/2019
AWARDS: Ribbons/Awards approximately $2,600
John Mazur Memorial Best in Show $300
People’s Choice Award $75
The following categories will each be awarded: 1st place, $200; 2nd place, $100; 3rd place $75
Oils, Watercolors, Acrylics, Pastels/Graphics, Sculpture/Sculptural 3D/Ceramics
The following categories will each be awarded: Best in Category $200: Jewelry, Film/Digital Photography,
The Judge will determine All Awards. Award winners will be notified by telephone prior to award ceremony. Please make every effort to be available by phone during show hours.
1. One original piece per artist. No reproductions. Non-refundable entry fee: $35.00
2. Work must be for sale and not previously exhibited at earlier Art By The Sea shows.
3. No entry may exceed 43 inches in any direction, including frame, with the exception of sculpture, which is limited to a nine square foot footprint.
4. All artwork that is hung on panels must not exceed 18 pounds. No artwork will be accepted with wet paint.
5. All framed and gallery wrapped artwork must be properly wired with D-rings for hanging. No screw eyes nor saw-tooth hangers.
6. Gallery wrapped work must be a minimum of 1.25“ deep. All edges/borders must be professionally finished. Stapled edges will be disqualified from the show.
7. No giclee reproductions nor photography printed on canvas will be permitted.
8. 3D Displays will require pedestal base and a black cloth drape. Any 3D art that needs to be dollied due to weight must be dollied out by the artist to purchaser’s vehicle or to artist’s home.
9. No advertising or business card handouts will be permitted.
10. The Club reserves the right to reject entries deemed inappropriate or unprofessionally presented.
11. Space is limited to the first 250 entries.
12. LIABILITY: The club makes every effort to protect exhibited artwork, but cannot accept liability for loss or damage. Artists entering Art by the Sea acknowledge and accept this as a condition of entry. The artist shall agree to release images of their artwork for promotional purposes.
* Artists will receive a check for the full sale amount less a 15% commission. The Vero Beach Art Club will be responsible for remitting the sales tax to the state of FL. FL Dept. of Revenue.
To Apply click on the “Apply Online” Blue button below. Fill out the form and then go to your cart to pay and checkout. Then you may download the Artwork Identification Tag for Artwork Drop Off.